Monday, October 1, 2007

prague...the most beautiful city by far

Today we made our way to Prague. It was about a 4 hour drive. First impressions: This is one of the most beautiful european cities by far. I am absolutely in love with this city. Our hotel is located right on the end of the Charles Bridge. A perfect location. Our hotel is soo nice. It will probably be the nicest hotel that we will stay in. The rooms are really nice. A lucky 6 girls are staying in the pent house. it has a huge kitchen and a jacuzzi with about four rooms. unfortunately i'm not staying there and my room is definitely smaller but still very nice. Every room has a computer in it with free internet. Today I just explored the city a little bit...walking around...soaking in this amazing city. A few of us ended up getting a bottle of wine at an out door cafe in the middle of the square. It was a perfect way to start our time here in prague.

Our last two days in Vienna were wonderful. On saturday we went to Melk Abbey...about 2 hours outside of vienna and then took a river cruise down the danube river. It was so beautiful. We passed so many little towns right along the river. It was exactly how I pictured austria to be. We stopped off in the town of Durnstein which was soo beautiful. It was a small town with cobble streets and cute houses everywhere. We walked around a little bit and then when to a winery to get a glass of wine. I didn't realize that austria had wineries but you could see wineries everywhere during the cruise. We sat in the gardens at the winery and looked out to the danube. it was one of those great moments that I didn't want to end. It was definitely one of my highlights for our time spend in austria.

On our last day we went to church at a catholic mass that was all spoken in German. It was impossible to follow what was going on but the church itself was so beautiful and the choir was amazing. After church I spent the whole rest of the afternoon in a cafe...one of the oldest ones in vienna. I just journaled and did homework while drinking coffee and eating a tasty treat. I felt somehow like i was back in santa barbara on a sunday afternoon doing homework at a coffee shop. It was like having a piece of home here with me over in europe. It was a nice way to end our time in Vienna. It was such a beautiful city but i'm so excited for prague!

1 comment:

Lynn Billmeyer said...

I just love reading about your adventures! You've made me want to visit countries in which I have never had any interest. I didn't send a card to Prague, but you'll have one in Warsaw (I hope). Have a glass of wine for me! Love, Lynnie