Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Berlin and The Netherlands

So I only have about 10 minutes left at the internet cafe so this will be a quick note...Berlin was great...we were there for a whole week but I feel like it went by so quickly. There was so much more to see that I didn't get a chance to see...

*we had an exam in the beginning of the week so for the first 2 days all our free time was spend studying
*the 2nd round of sickness went around...I got the flu...it is nooo fun being sick on this trip. all our days are soo packed that if you miss one you miss so much
*the holocaust memorial and the jewish museum were very moving
*went to 2 performances of the berlin philharmonic-it was amazing and so much fun to get all dressed up!
*saw what is left of the berlin wall
*free day spent at the zoo, the brandonberg gates, the reistag, exploring the city. it was one of the best days of the trip.
*it was so cold
*leiden in the netherlands is soo great...it's a quant little town...everyone rides there bikes around...i'm more worried about getting hit by a bike than a car
*windmills and canals everywhere (haven't seen any tulips yet which makes me sad)
*sooo cold...in the morning there is frost everywhere

I have the best roomies ever!! I loved my song video(they sent me a video via utube where they rewrote the words to allayah's "I miss you" and sang it to me)-you girls are amazing! i started to cry in the internet cafe...i miss you soo much love you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.