Tuesday, December 11, 2007

back in the U S of A

Wow I can't believe I am back home right now...we had safe travels coming home. It was a long day of traveling...over 24 hrs and the jet lag has finally caught up to me and I'm exhaused. Our final days on the trip were wonderful. Athens was a great place to end the trip. Our first few days there we had amazing weather...warm and sunny. It felt like we were back in Santa Barbara. As a group we went to the Acropolis and Mars Hill. We had finals so most of our free time was spent studying...we found a starbucks...it was great...and they had their red christmas cups...enough said :-)Shopped a lot and walked about the Plaka. Watched the sunset on Muse Hill on our last night with a lot of people in our group. It was beautiful (the ocean on one side and the acropolis on the other) and such a great way to end our last day. We had a Christmas party with pictionary and secret santa gifts. We all told stories of our favorite christmas memories. it was such a blast...i think i laughed for 2 hours straight. It was hard saying goodbye to everyone...we didn't really have a good chance to do it at the airport. it's weird not being with everyone now...hard to adjust to seeing people who became my family every day to not seeing anyone. its definitely quiet at my house... my first morning home i half expected to see 15 people downstairs at breakfast...weird. i got to go up to SB this weekend and see my roommates and a bunch of other friends. it was wonderful...i've missed people in SB so much and it was so refreshing to see them all. Can't believe its over...it was definitely the trip of a lifetime and one of the best semesters of my college experience.

No comments: